The Financials Team maintains the iRattler Financial Management System, ensuring that
fixes, tax tables, and images are applied and tested. The team is responsible for
troubleshooting problems of a technical nature that cannot be resolved by the university
community. Additionally, the team generates queries and other ad hoc reports used
for validating financial information.
The iRattler/PeopleSoft Financials Management System version 8.4 was implemented in
July of 2004. The system was upgraded in 2008 to version 9.0 and further upgraded
to version 9.2 in 2014. General Ledger, Commitment Control, Asset Management, Project
Costing, Purchasing, e-Procurement, Contract, Billing, Sponsored Projects (Grant),
Accounts Payable, Travel/Expenses, Accounts Receivables, and Banking are modules that
are maintained and supported by the Office of Enterprise Information Technology Financials
The Financials Management Team is responsible for:
- Providing support to campus users, which includes managing and tracking open issues
in the assigned modules to ensure that issues are resolved in successful and timely
- Configuring changes using the system maintenance request or change management process
and testing to ensure changes do not negatively impact the production environment.
- Providing core user training and developing clear and concise documentation to ensure
that users have the knowledge and skills required to perform assigned tasks related
- Ensuring that data integrity is being maintained through use of queries and other
tools and that any identified data concerns are communicated to the department managers.
- Conducting testing within iRattler Financial Management System (FMS) which includes:
- Developing thorough and accurate test scripts for user acceptance testing.
- Conducting user acceptance testing of new bundles, patches, fixes, and images.
- Providing troubleshooting assistance/Tier 2 support for issues related to the assigned
modules and any other designated FMS modules.
- Partnering with functional owners in performing configuration changes, testing, training
and iRattler business process documentation as needed.
- Serving as the functional liaison with the technical team for concerns or enhancements
needing support, including working with users to provide applicable functional specifications
and system testing of fixes and enhancements.
- Working with functional team to gather and document requirements to apply system solutions
to business problems.
- Providing continuous mentoring and knowledge transfer to functional users.